Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tameka Raymond Still Talking About Her Divorce



Here's a few of the snippets:




Another thing most question is your last name. Any special reason for keeping it Raymond?

(Laughs) I don’t think because a relationship doesn’t work, you have to change your name back. It’s an asinine question. Why not? Prior to getting married I kept my ex-husband’s last name. People have such a short expectancy for marriage that when they divorce it’s ‘Why does she still have his name?’ Dude, I was supposed to keep his name until I die. I wasn’t supposed to get a divorce (laughs).



If Usher got his shit together, do you think the love could be easily rekindled?

No, I don’t know. I’m not anticipating it. I’m not working toward it. But it’s [also] not a closed chapter. I’m not saying that I’m not open for discussion on it, but it’s not something I’m working on.



If he came back tomorrow, would you take him back?

I don’t know. I’ve closed the chapter of having Usher as my mate. Now am I willing to reopen it? I can’t say. Do I still love him? I love him very much and you marry someone with the intent of sitting in a rocker with the person. I have sons that look just like him, so I have to deal with him pretty much every day.
Source
(vibemagazineonline

No comments: