Thursday, February 9, 2012

Meagan Good on the cover of this months Vibe Vixen


The Actress/Model Meagan Good talks about love, relationships & her new life.


ON HER HOPES OF PLAYING A MUSIC ICON:
I want to do Whitney Houston’s life story. I think that would be an incredible story to do. I talked to Whitney a little bit about it, and she’s open to it, so I want to see what happens with that. Hopefully, in the very, very near future. She has Sparkle coming out, and I’ve heard good things about it already she looks beautiful, she sounds beautiful, she looks healthy and she’s the Whitney that we know and love. And so I think that would be a great place for her story to end and really just be beginning, if they were to do her life story right now.

ON THE MENTALITY OF WOMEN IN RELATIONSHIPS & CAREER:
One thing I don’t like is the mentality that’s kind of evolved in the last 10 years. I know there’s a double standard when it comes to men and women, in terms of how they go into relationships. You know, guys can hook up with whoever they want and they’re just guys. Girls hook up with whoever they want and they’re H-O’s. That’s always bothered me, but one thing I’ve learned over time is that we are women. Ultimately, when it comes to sex, the anatomy [of a guy makes us] the submissive ones to a certain degree. And I think that women need to value their bodies more and value what they allow and who they allow to do that to them. I think that’s the one thing that I don’t like that’s kind of been redefined in the last couple of years. It’s this 20th century woman who can do things like a man, and I think, from a business standpoint, sure, but when it comes to physically, I think that we should value ourselves more. [Source]

No comments: